Pizza in the form of a casserole?? Why yes, yes it is! This Pizza Bake recipe is another delicious quick meal you should be adding to your Meal Inventory sheets. Plus it works great for those busy nights that have you eating in the car.
I grew up with this yummy Pizza Bake recipe. I remember always eating at my grandmas with all my cousin’s, aunt’s, and uncles, served with a side of creamed corn. You of course don’t have to have your with a side of creamed corn but it just seems right doesn’t it?
I have made this with the diced hash browns and the shredded ones and I prefer the shredded but either will do. To make it more like pizza you could add in mushrooms and pepperoni too!
Now go cook!!!
- 8 c.(2 pounds) frozen shredded or cubed hashbrowns
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 c..(4 -8 oz. cans) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 t. dehydrated chopped onion
- 2 t. garlic salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. dried oregano leaves
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-4 c. shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Place hash browns in a greased 9x13 sheet pan and bake hashbrowns at 375 for about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, brown your beef and add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cheddar cheese
- Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened
- Remove hash browns from oven and give a stir
- Pour the meat mixture over the hashbrowns
- Put pan back in oven and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, covering in cheese the last 15 minutes of cooking
- Enjoy this is a real winner.