When I hear the word, Jambalaya, I originally think “not quick”, way too many ingredients, and slow cooking all day long! Well, I was wrong about that with this recipe. My sister handed this recipe over to me as a stove top version, that she was cooking in a health accountability group, and immediately thought to myself, “How can I make this an Instant Pot version. So I did of course!!
Even tho there are quite a few ingredients, this Jambalaya really is pretty quick and easy. Keep in mind you can always spend a little extra money (I know, I know) on the pre-cut veggies if your schedule isn’t allowing you the prep time that week. Remember, cooking meals at home and meal prepping is also about giving yourself grace too! Us moms have to remember that!
I adapted the original recipe into a favorite kitchen appliance of mine, the Instant Pot (aka IP).
This fun easy and delicious Ultimate Instant Pot Jambalaya recipe is one I cannot wait for you to try out for your family, because it has become a new family favorite of ours and I hope it will for you too!
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lb. ring sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 c. chicken stock or water
- 1-14 oz. can crushed/diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ c. uncooked white/brown rice
- 2 T. Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t. Thyme, ground
- ¼ t. Cayenne, optional
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined or peeled/pre-cooked(tails removed)
- Salt and pepper
- Hit saute function and saute oil, onion, celery, garlic, and peppers.
- Add in rest of ingredients and stir
- Lock lid
- Manual 15 minutes for white rice 22 for brown
- Quick release
- Stir and enjoy