I love me some Sesame Chicken, especially if it’s Quick Sesame Chicken!
I love the feeling of bringing the goodness of “restaurant” quality food into my home to save money and not miss the experience and stress of dinner.
When I go to eat at a Chinese restaurant I always order sesame chicken, fried rice, and egg drop soup.
I have tried and searched for several quick sesame chicken recipes before and really had a tough time finding one that….
A. Had ingredients I had on hand
B. Was easy and quick!
Well peeps, I am happy to say for your sake and for mine, I finally found it, and I can say it is tried and true family approved ( I’m a poet and I didn’t know it).
- Popcorn chicken or chicken breasts, cubed & cooked
- ½ c. honey
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 2 T. dried onion flakes
- 2 T. ketchup
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- 2 t. cornstarch
- 3 T. water
- sesame seeds, optional
- Bake popcorn chicken according to package instructions.
- While chicken is baking add honey, soy, onion, ketchup, oil, and garlic into a saucepan and bring to a boil, being sure you are stirring occasionally.
- While that is coming to a boil mix your cornstarch and water in a separate small glass bowl.
- Once sauce has been boiling for a few seconds add in the cornstarch water mixture.
- Stirring, mixture will start to thicken.
- If mixture is too thick add a little water.
- Once chicken is cooked while still hot toss in the sauce.
- That's it Enjoy!
- Chefs Notes:
Chef’s Note: If you are wanting enough sauce to coat a whole bag of popcorn chicken I would double the batch because this single batch doesn’t make a whole lot.