My kids ultimate favorite creamy cheesy noodle dish. I’m pretty sure my mom makes this weekly for my kids as it is a highly requested dish. I mean how can you go wrong with Tuna And Noodles and then topping it with crunchy potato chips………….YUMMO!
Plus, it’s another “One Pot Wonder,” my favorite! We cook Tuna And Noodles for a lunch dish more than a dinner dish for some reason- but of course it is great for both!
If you don’t like tuna, just leave it out and substitute frozen peas, other vegetables, or chicken. The base of this dish would be good with just about anything added to it.
You could also prep this dish and store in fridge for a couple days before using. I would recommend undercooking the noodles a little so when you reheat in oven or microwave your noodles don’t end up mushy.
- Canned tuna, in a water preferably ( I use 2 cans)
- Cream of Mushroom soup ( I use 2 cans)
- Velveeta Cheese, cubed (I used probably ¼ to ½ a block)
- Dollup of Miracle Whip or Mayo (Miracle Whip is best for this recipe)
- Egg Noodles ( I use 1 whole bag)
- Splash of milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Potato Chips, optional
- Cook noodles accordingly, undercooking slightly if reheating later.
- Drain noodles.
- Add cream of mushroom, cheese, miracle whip, and tuna and turn heat on low stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add a splash of milk if too thick for your liking
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve while still warm with crushed potato chips on top or cook and refrigerate for later use by either warming in oven or microwave.