Another alternative to an ultimate family favorite, spaghetti is my Simple Spaghetti Pie. Have you heard of or tried Spaghetti Pie before? If you haven’t tried this before you MUST add this to your weekly menu plan! You just must!
I was introduced to this back in High School during our volleyball meals by a friend of mine Jessica Lee (she also introduced me to Ham Balls which I thought was the weirdest sounding thing to eat ever but now love them). I was skeptical to try, but man oh man it has become a popular unique dish to make when we have company over, and I am asked over and over again to share the recipe.
Watch me cook a healthier low carb version HERE.
So folks, here it is…..
- 6 oz. spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 T. butter
- ⅓ c. chopped onion
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 lb. sausage/ground beef/pork
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce/ Tandy's Quick Versatile Tomato Sauce
- 4 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions
- Brown meat and drain.
- Mix in red sauce of choice
- In a seperate bowl add butter and onion and microwave until melted.
- Add in sour cream.
- Once pasta is done, drain water
- Into pasta (while pasta is still warm) add in the eggs and parmesan and mix well.
- Spray a large pie pan with Pam cooking spray
- Pat noodle mixture and around sides with a spoon, making the "crust"
- Add in your sour cream mixture.
- Then layer with your meat sauce
- Place into a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and add on Mozzarella cheese and return to oven until melted.
Chef Note: This dish freezes really well before baking so make 2- cook once, eat twice is one of my favorite mottos!