Ooey gooey chocolate goodness! Do I have your attention? This easy recipe fell into my lap on a snowy day here in Iowa, from a girl named Faith.
I had been sharing information about my Instant Pot, and it inspired Faith on a snow day to test hers out with this Slow Cooker Lava Cake. I was thrilled she shared it with me because I have literally made it a dozen times since, and everyone always loves it every time!
You can follow the recipe exactly, or if you like extra gooeyness (is that a word?) you can add in the large box of pudding instead of the small one.
I also tend to be in a hurry and rush the 2 hours it takes by scraping the outside cooked cake towards the center, allowing more cake mix to cook faster! I can’t help it, I’m impatient and it is soooo good!
So test it out and let me know if you think its all the rave like I do! But do not overcook it 🙂
Slow Cooker Lava Cake
- 1 box your favorite Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1¼ c. milk
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box Instant Chocolate Pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 c. milk
- 1 bag (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray
- Mix together the cake ingredients and pour into slow cooker
- In another bowl mix together the topping pudding mix and milk
- Pour into slow cooker over cake batter.
- Do not mix
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2½ hours to 3 hours or until cake is set and pudding is beginning to bubble out of the cake.