Photo Credit by Nicole Hanusek
The only strawberry sauce you will EVER need, with only 3 ingredients! Of course, this quick and easy sauce isn’t just for strawberries, you can substitute any fruit your heart desires.
My family loves this strawberry sauce over shortcakes topped with whipped cream. Y-u-m-m-y!
If I’m not making you hungry now, maybe the thought of this easy strawberry sauce over vanilla or cinnamon ice cream will 🙂
Strawberries or any fruit of your choice
- Wash and trim stem from strawberries.
- I then quartered my strawberries. I would definitely recommend cutting them at least once to release some of the juices.
- Then place in a small pot over medium/high heat with enough sugar to your liking of sweetness.
- Using a spoon or one of my favorite kitchen utensils (click here to see), smash the strawberries releasing even more of their juice. If you feel you like your sauce needs to be a little thinner you can add a little water here also.
- Simmer sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add about 1 tablespoon cornstarch, stirring it in. If you like the consistency of your sauce after simmering, just omit this step.
- Bring sauce to a light boil so the cornstarch can thicken the sauce. You may have clumps since we didn’t make a slurry, but they will eventually go away.
Tandy’s Note: Remember this recipe is just a guideline. You can add any berry you like, add citrus juice and/or zest.
What are some of your favorite sauces?